Every student at Gibson will achieve their personal best through creativity, and development of their logical and critical thinking.
The mission of WJUSD is to prepare and empower all students for a future of endless possibilities.
Our mission is to create an atmosphere with high academic and social expectations for each student and adult. In order to meet this mission as a school community, we must:
- Build positive relationship among all school staff and the community at large.
- Develop respect among our students for self, school, diversity and others.
- Encourage and celebrate student success.
- Implement exemplary instructional practices which make effective use of technology.
- Create positive learning experiences which celebrate student achievement.
- Establish strong partnerships with families.
Gibson elementary school opened in 1954 and has enjoyed a history of high academic standards, strong parent involvement, and positive student relationships. In addition to a high level of regular classroom instruction, students are given enriching experiences in science and band by highly trained teachers who provide specialized instruction in these areas. We work together thoughtfully to encourage students to think creatively, and work positively in a variety of learning and social situations, which enable them to grow intellectually, socially, and emotionally in a safe learning environment.
At Gibson School literacy is the ability to read, write, and use language in all curricular areas. We have an articulated curriculum to ensure progress in literacy for all Gibson Students. Gibson School is proud of its high level of parent participation and welcomes parent involvement at all levels. We are very thankful for all of our parents’ support and high level of involvement in our school life.
Gibson Elementary School Accountability Report